References: Coral Bleaching and Prediction
- Baker AC, Glynn PW, Riegl B (2008) Climate change and coral reef bleaching: An ecological assessment of long-term impacts, recovery trends and future outlook. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science 80: 435-471.
- Berkelmans R, De’ath G, Kininmonth S, Skirving W (2004) A comparison of the 1998 and 2002 coral bleaching events on the Great Barrier Reef: spatial correlation,patterns and predictions. Coral Reefs 23: 74-83.
- Berkelmans R, Willis B (1999) Seasonal and local spatial patterns in the upper thermal limits of corals on the inshore Central Great Barrier Reef. Coral Reefs, 18:219-228.
- Donner SD, Skirving WJ, Little CM, Oppenheimer M, Hoegh-Guldberg O (2005) Global assessment of coral bleaching and required rates of adaptation under climate change. Global Change Biology 11: 2251-2265.
- Hoegh-Guldberg O (1999) Coral bleaching, climate change and the future of the world's coral reefs. Review, Marine and Freshwater Research, 50:839-866.
- Jury MR, Heron SF, Spillman CM, Anthony KRN (2010) Climate, Carbon and Coral Reefs. Expert brochure commissioned by the WMO for distribution at the COP-10 session of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in October 2010, Nagoya, Japan. WMO-No. 1063. (PDF).
- Liu G, Strong AE, Skirving W (2003) Remote sensing of sea surface temperatures during 2002 Barrier Reef coral bleaching. EOS, 18(15):137-144.
- Maynard JA, Johnson JE, Marshall PA, Eakin CM, Goby G, Schuttenberg H, Spillman CM (2009) A strategic framework for responding to coral bleaching events in a changing climate. Journal of Environmental Management, 44:1-11.
- Nim, C.J. and W. Skirving (eds.), 2010. Satellite Monitoring of Reef Vulnerability in a Changing Climate. NOAA Technical Report CRCP 1. NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program. Silver Spring, MD. 114 pp. (PDF)
- Spillman CM (2011) Operational real-time seasonal forecasts for coral reef management. Journal of Operational Oceanography, 4(1):13-22.
- Spillman CM, Alves O (2009) Dynamical seasonal prediction of summer sea surface temperatures in the Great Barrier Reef. Coral Reefs, 28:197-206.
- Spillman CM, Alves O, Hudson DA (2011) Seasonal prediction of thermal stress accumulation for coral bleaching in the tropical oceans. Monthly Weather Review, 139:317-331.
- Spillman CM, Alves O, Hudson DA, Charles AN (2009) POAMA SST predictions for the Great Barrier Reef: Summer 2008/2009. CAWCR Research Letters, 2:30-34. (Link)
- Spillman CM, Hudson DA, Alves O (2010) Real-time seasonal SST predictions for the Great Barrier Reef during the summer of 2009/2010. CAWCR Research Letters, 4:11-19. (Link)